Welcome to Crazyoginis

This is the blog of three crazyoginis. We hope to be able to share our love for yoga and our thoughts, ideas and experiences. We wish to spread yoga to all corners of the world, as we truly believe anyone will benefit from practising yoga. The crazyoginis consists of Purna (from Costa Rica) who lives in London, Europe. Rakhi who lives in Mumbai, India and Savitra (from Norway) who lives in Australia.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Satyananda Yoga Ashram

It was two months yesterday since I first arrived at Satyananda Ashram at Mangrove Mountain, Australia. I didn’t know then that I was to spend the next year here. As well as doing my Yogic studies, a two year program, I have now got a job mainly in reception. The ashram is a vibrant place with about 30 residents who runs this place. The ashram offers lots of different courses during the year as well as being a place where people can come for a personal retreat, just relaxing, eating beautiful vegetarian foods with mostly our own grown vegetables.
The daily program at the center is:
5.30 – 7.00am: Yoga class
7.00 – 7.30am: Breakfast
7.45 – 8.00am:Chanting
8.00 – 9.00am: Karma  Yoga (everyone in the ashram does daily chores)
10.30am: Morning Tea break
12.30pm: Lunch
1.00pm: Lunch cleanup
2.30pm: Yoga Nidra
3.00pm: Afternoon tea time
5.15pm: Some program; eg. Meditation, Yoga class, Havan.
6.00pm: Dinner
6.30pm: Dinner cleanup
7.15pm: Evening program; eg. Kirtan, Meditation, Satsang.
I work 5 days, having 6 shifts in the reception and 4 shifts around the place, example Housekeeping, Farm, kitchen, vegetable garden etc. It is as you can see a pretty full on program, and together with studying it is not much spare time, but I am enjoying every minute of the day. I feel so blessed to have ended up here, at the same time I thank myself for creating this for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment