Welcome to Crazyoginis

This is the blog of three crazyoginis. We hope to be able to share our love for yoga and our thoughts, ideas and experiences. We wish to spread yoga to all corners of the world, as we truly believe anyone will benefit from practising yoga. The crazyoginis consists of Purna (from Costa Rica) who lives in London, Europe. Rakhi who lives in Mumbai, India and Savitra (from Norway) who lives in Australia.

Friday 19 August 2011

Bhajan - Karo Rakshaa

One of my favorite bhajans that we chant in our morning sessions at the ashram is Saadhak Ke Svar, better known as Karo Rakshaa. I will not write the Sanskrit here, but the translation which I find so beautiful. I also find it a good description of what Yoga can provide for us if we practice with persistence, devotion and faith.

I do not pray for protection from difficulties, but instead that I may not fear difficulties.
I do not pray for relief from sorrow, but instead that I may conquer all sorrow.
I do not pray for someone to come and help me, but instead that my innate strength may not break.
I do not pray for you, Lord, to carry my burdens, but instead that I may become capable of carrying my burdens myself.
I do not pray for material fortune, but instead to maintain balanced and satisfied.
I do not pray to attain occult powers and siddhis, but instead that bhakti may give me strength.
I pray that I may chant Thy name in happy times, and also in the nights of sorrow and darkness.
Never may I doubt thee – Lord, this is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment